What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Mozilla Firefox
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Apple Safari
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
list of cookies we collect
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Performance cookies: These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. These cookies do not collect any information which uniquely identifies you specifically – all data is aggregated and anonymous.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies allow a site to remember choices you make (such as your language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise.
- Targeting/advertising cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store:
|_fbp||.tusting.co.uk||Advertisement||This cookie is set by Facebook to display advertisements when either on Facebook or on a digital platform powered by Facebook advertising, after visiting the website.||3 months|
|_ga||.tusting.co.uk||Analytics||The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookie stores information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to recognize unique visitors.||2 years|
|_gid||.tusting.co.uk||Analytics||Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website’s performance. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously.||1 day|
|_ga_KC88BNSWC0||.tusting.co.uk||Analytics||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics.||2 years|
|vuid||.vimeo.com||Analytics||Vimeo installs this cookie to collect tracking information by setting a unique ID to embed videos to the website.||2 years|
|_ga_YRS03SVWYE||.tusting.co.uk||Analytics||This cookie is installed by Google Analytics.||2 years|
|_hjFirstSeen||.tusting.co.uk||Analytics||Hotjar sets this cookie to identify a new user’s first session. It stores a true/false value, indicating whether it was the first time Hotjar saw this user.||30 minutes|
|_hjIncludedInSessionSample||www.tusting.co.uk||Analytics||Hotjar sets this cookie to know whether a user is included in the data sampling defined by the site’s daily session limit.||2 minutes|
|_hjIncludedInPageviewSample||www.tusting.co.uk||Analytics||Hotjar sets this cookie to know whether a user is included in the data sampling defined by the site’s pageview limit.||2 minutes|
|_hjAbsoluteSessionInProgress||.tusting.co.uk||Analytics||Hotjar sets this cookie to detect the first pageview session of a user. This is a True/False flag set by the cookie.||30 minutes|
|__lc_cid||.accounts.livechatinc.com||Functional||This is an essential cookie for the website live chat box to function properly.||2 years|
|__lc_cst||.accounts.livechatinc.com||Functional||This cookie is used for the website live chat box to function properly.||2 years|
|__oauth_redirect_detector||accounts.livechatinc.com||Functional||This cookie is used to recognize the visitors using live chat at different times inorder to optimize the chat-box functionality.||past|
|woocommerce_multicurrency_forced_currency||www.tusting.co.uk||Other||No description available.||1 year|
|_dc_gtm_UA-30224931-1||.tusting.co.uk||Other||No description||1 minute|
|_hjSessionUser_1318144||.tusting.co.uk||Other||No description||1 year|
|_hjSession_1318144||.tusting.co.uk||Other||No description||30 minutes|
|__kla_id||www.tusting.co.uk||Performance||Cookie set to track when someone clicks through a Klaviyo email to a website.||2 years|